Vision Conference Agenda
8:30 a.m. - Welcome and Introductions
8:55 a.m. - Purpose and Ground Rules
9:05 a.m. - Concept Paper Review & Education (Collaborative Teaching Design)
9:15 a.m. - Read Concept Paper and Key Idea List Development
9:45 a.m. - Mixed Concept Paper Team Review
10:45 a.m. - Develop Critical Information List
11:00 a.m. - BREAK
11:10 a.m. - Presentations
11:40 a.m. - Closing Discussion on Concept Papers
Noon - Lunch (On Own)
1:00 p.m. - Welcome, Ground Rules, and Introductions
1:15 p.m. - Stakeholder Review
1:20 p.m. - Discussion of Key Questions & Development of Five Key Themes/Ideas
• Q1 - From your unique perspective, what is important for us to know about how you see the future of SDSU?
• Q2 - What do you want us to remember as we plan for the future of SDSU?
1:40 p.m. - Key Theme/Idea Presentations & Discussion
2:10 p.m. - Creating a Preferred Future
Imagine that we are all back in this room five years from now. We are here to celebrate all the successes of SDSU. We have met many challenges, worked very hard, and accomplished great things. We are in a better place in many ways. People are excited to be on campus, take pride in SDSU, and are fully committed to our values and vision. Please answer the focus questions as if they have already occurred.
• How do students (current and perspective) view us? Employees? Those external to the University (alumni, donors, community members, citizens of South Dakota, competitors, etc.)?
• How is diversity truly lived throughout the institution?
• What one institutional accomplishment do you feel especially proud about?
2:20 p.m. - Individual Time to Respond to Questions
2:35 p.m. - Share & Discuss Individual Picture and Create Group Picture
3:35 p.m. - BREAK
3:45 p.m. - Present Group Picture to another Group and Create Combined Picture
4:15 p.m. - Present Combined Picture to Group
4:45 p.m. - Closing Remarks
Vision Conferences will be held Sept. 11, 22, 26 and Oct. 3 in Volstorff Ballroom at the University Student Union in Brookings. A Vision Conference will held at the University Center in Rapid City, Sept. 25.