Welcome to the Student Health Clinic and Counseling Services located in the Miller Wellness Center at South Dakota State University. We specialize in college health. We offer high-quality primary care services. We understand today's college students and are committed to assisting with your healthcare needs. If you wish to make an appointment please call 605-688-4157. Appointments are also available online by going here and accessing your Jackrabbits Health Clinic and Counseling Portal using your MyState login credentials.
Showing Symptoms? >
Find forms, resources and more about Student Health and COVID-19.
STUDENT HEATH CLINIC AND COUNSELING SERVICES
We are open and continue to offer primary healthcare and counseling services to students. It is our priority to provide quality services in a safe environment for our patient and employees. Our planned approach was specifically developed to meet SDSU community’s’ needs and follows the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and South Dakota Department of Health (SDDOH) guidelines. While the Student Health Clinic and Counseling Services (SHCCS) and Jackrabbit Pharmacy are open, we have put extensive safety measures in place. Student Health is scheduling routine office visits and procedures in the clinic with enhanced precautions. To schedule an appointment please call the clinic at 688-4157 or visit MyState and self-schedule through the patient portal.
Counseling Services is scheduling sessions, offered through the Zoom Health platform. To schedule an appointment please call 605-688-4157.
Some of our new protocols include:
- Increasing paperless transaction therefore, forms are available on the patient portal and the SHCCS webpage:
- Assessing patients for COVID-19 prior to entering the SHCC
- All students entering the SHCCS will go through the screening checkpoint at the entrance
- Social distancing procedures and processes, signage on the floor, and waiting room arranged accordingly
- Increased cleaning and disinfectant of all areas in the SHCCS, following the CDC and SDDOH guidelines
- Use of face coverings required
- Enhanced use of personal protective equipment by medical staff
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you.
If you have any questions concerning COVID-19 screening you can call 605-688-4157. We ask that you call SHCCS prior to your arrival if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting