Friends and Family: 2023 Commencement Information
Graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2023 will be held May 6, 2023 at the Swiftel Center in Brookings, South Dakota. The move from campus is due to the construction in Frost Arena as that facility continues its transformation into First Bank & Trust Arena during the next 18 months.
Graduates, associate through doctoral degrees, will walk with their respective colleges at the following times:
- 10 a.m. – College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences and the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering;
- 2 p.m. – College of Education and Human Sciences and the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions; and
- 6 p.m. – College of Nursing, College of Natural Sciences and the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Swiftel Center is located at 824 32nd Ave. in Brookings.
Graduates who complete the RSVP will receive complimentary guest tickets for their designated ceremony. Due to capacity restrictions and the graduating class size, six (6) general admission guest tickets will be available for each graduate. The university understands this number may not accommodate all guests. However, in an attempt to ensure each candidate is offered an equal opportunity for having selected guests share in their day, there will not be additional tickets available for distribution or purchase.
No later than Wednesday, May 3, graduates who have RSVP'd will receive an email from SDSU.Graduation@sdstate.edu with a unique Ticketmaster access code.
- The unique access code will be provided only to the graduate’s @jacks email account.
- Graduates redeem the tickets from Swiftel Center’s Ticketmaster venue page and have the ability to transfer tickets to another Ticketmaster account.
- Each graduate is guaranteed six (6) guest tickets for their specific ceremony.
- Guest tickets are valid for only the ceremony the graduate has RSVP’d to participate.
- Guest tickets contain a unique barcode and as a result, duplicated tickets will not provide entry into the ceremony.
- All guest tickets are complimentary, and guests should never pay for tickets.
- Graduates and guests will have different entrances and arrival times for the ceremonies, and it is recommended ticket transfers are completed prior to arrival at the Swiftel Center.
- Children under 2 will not require a ticket, but must sit with an adult. If a child has had their second birthday, they will require a ticket.
- Doors will open for ticket scanning ONE hour prior to each ceremony.
Guests unable to attend ceremonies at the Swiftel Center are invited to watch via the livestream or at viewing locations on campus.
Alternative Viewing Locations and Campus Activities
The University Student Union will be open for the additional viewing starting at 9 a.m. Additional information regarding food service offerings and Jackrabbit Central - Student Union hours will be updated.
The SDSU Alumni Center, located in the Lohr Building at 815 Medary Ave., will be open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Additional information will be forthcoming.
All ceremonies are posted on the Graduation main page.