Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Students
Not interested in earning a full graduate degree at this time but would like to take graduate level courses? Apply as a non-degree seeking graduate student using the steps below. Up to 12 credits of graduate credit taken as a non-degree seeking student can be applied to a graduate credential, degree or certificate.
Interested in taking undergraduate courses? Apply using the Non-Degree Seeking Undergraduate Application.
Steps to Apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student
- Submit theOnline Application using the 'general application link' for the term you would like to enroll in graduate course(s).
- When creating an account, please ensure you are using a personal email address (ex. @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @icloud.com, etc.). Certain government email addresses (ex: sd.us, k12.sd.us) have strong filters that block emails regarding admissions decisions.
- Once an account is created, a confirmation email will be sent to the email provided. Follow the link in the email to continue the application.
- Complete the requested information on each of the required tabs. Tabs to pay specific attention to are listed below:
- On the Applicant Information tab, choose Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student as the applicant type.
- On the Personal Information tab, ensure the Personal Email Address field is the same email used when the account was created.
- On the Choose Program tab, select 'Not Seeking a Degree' from the Degree dropdown and 'Non-Degree Seeking' from the Choose Major dropdown. You will then be prompted to enter the course information for the course(s) you plan to enroll. Necessary information for courses can be found on the SDSU Course Search. You will also be provided a discount code to waive the application fee.
- On the Charges and Additional Items tab, enter the provided discount code and click 'Apply' to zero out the application charge. If you do not apply the code, you will be left with an outstanding balance on your application and your application will not be processed.
- Upon submission of the non-degree seeking application, the Graduate School will process your application and add the indicated course(s) to your registration. A confirmation email will be sent when all steps have been completed.