Fall Graduate Coordinator Meeting
- September 5, 2018 at 3:00pm
Graduate Faculty Training Workshops
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:00-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:00 am - Noon
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:00-5:00 pm
- Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:00 am - Noon
Morrill Hall 104
Explanation of Graduate School policies, procedures, and expectations of graduate faculty. Please click here to register.
The Graduate School will once again be providing you the opportunity to participate in the Professional Development Program during the 2018-19 academic year. Various workshops will be offered throughout the year in six different competency areas (Communication, Teaching, Wellness, Research, Career Development and Leadership). To earn a professional development certificate, students must complete one workshop from each of the six competency areas along with the mandatory Self Advocacy workshop for a total of seven workshops. A short evaluation component will be required to earn credit for each of the workshops. Students may complete the PDP in person, completely online via D2L, or a combination of both! If you would like to participate in the program and Graduate Student Professional Development Series is not showing up as a course under Sandbox in D2L, please contact the Graduate School. A list of all PDP events is available on the Graduate School Events page. Additional workshops will be added throughout the semester.
Professional Development Program Kickoff Event
Monday, September 10th 3-5pm
Come join the Graduate School staff for the PDP Kickoff Event to start the year with everything you need to know about participating in the Graduate Student Professional Development Program. Enjoy SDSU ice cream as you learn and have the chance to ask questions about the program.
Mandatory Self Advocacy Workshop
Wednesday, September 19th 3-4pm
This is a required workshop for all PDP participants to attend. Dr. Nicole Lounsbery, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School at SDSU will provide information and advice about navigating your best experience as a graduate student.
Responsible Conduct of Research Training (Research Competency)
Thursday, September 27th 2-3pm
Presented by Dr. Dianne Nagy, Research Integrity & Compliance Officer at SDSU. Learn important information about the proper way to conduct research at SDSU. Also, use this chance to ask any questions you might have about the subject.
Joseph F. Nelson Graduate Scholarship
The Joseph F. Nelson Graduate Scholarship Award is open to graduate students at South Dakota State University who are in good standing (a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above) and meet the specified criteria for the award (see guidelines).
Applications must be submitted electronically using this link: Deadline is November 21, 2018.
Distinguished Master's Thesis Award
The SDSU Graduate School is soliciting nominations for the Distinguished Master's Thesis Award. The award is to recognize and reward distinguished scholarship and research at the master's level.
To submit a nomination, please use this link: Deadline: October 15, 2018.
2018 IDS 13th Technology & Innovation Expo.
IDS will host 2018 13th Annual Technology & Innovation Expo. on Sept. 25th (Tuesday) and 27th (Thursday) in Pugsley 105. You’ll see what new technologies and innovations are available. The latest technologies and trends will be introduced and demoed to SDSU community. These sessions will be co-presented by SDSU faculty, professionals, and IDS. You’re cordially invited to join these sessions on both days. Please reserve your seat online at https://expo18.questionpro.com.
Topics, dates and times include:
• Utilizing Video Submission Options in D2L: Video Assignment & Video Note: 8:00 am, Sept. 25th & 1:00 pm, 27th
• We Don’t Click Anymore: New Classroom Interaction with Respond: 4:00 pm, Sept. 25th & 2:00 pm, 27th
• Helping Students to Click Their Way to Classroom Success: 10:00 am, Sept. 25th & 8:00 am, 27th
• Myth Busters: First Day Access: 11:00 am, Sept. 25th & 3:00 pm, 27th
• ZOOM into the Future of Teleconferencing: 1:00 pm, Sept. 25th & 9:00 am, 27th
• Simulations and Games in Chemistry: 2:00 pm, Sept. 25th & 10:00 am, 27th
• HoloLens and Virtual Reality: See the Digital World Together: 3:00 pm, Sept. 25th & 4:00 pm, 27th
• New Search Technologies at the Briggs Library: 9:00 am, Sept. 25th & 11:00 am, 27th
We would like to welcome Jessica Bingham to her new role as Admissions Coordinator for the Graduate school.
Like us on Facebook !