South Dakota State University is committed to providing higher education opportunities to fulfill the need for faculty members at Tribal Colleges and Universities to acquire graduate credits to meet HLC standards, as well as offer online graduate level courses for faculty/staff at technical and community colleges and K-12 schools. If you are interested in enrolling in an online graduate course, please complete the process outlined below. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Graduate School Application Process
- Go to our online application.
- Create an account and choose a password. You will then be issued a PIN number.
- Once you are in the application, indicate that you are a Domestic Non-Degree Seeking Applicant in the term section.
- Include course name and course code (listed below). You do not need to upload any documents.
- Select pay via cash/check on the application fee page. We will waive the application fee for you.
Once we process your application, we will register you for the requested course(s) and send a confirmation email to you. In that email, you will be provided your student ID number and additional non-degree seeking information. Thanks for choosing SDSU!
- Summer 2019
- May 6-24: May Interim
- May 28 - August 2: 10-week academic summer session
- August 5-28: August Interim
- Fall 2019
- August 26: Start date/instruction begins
- September 5: Last day to add/drop course
- November 8: Last day to drop course
Contact Hannah McIlravy if you are still interested in registering for a course after the add/drop date.
Summer 2019 Courses
Online General Education Core Courses
- NUTR 522: Advanced Human Nutrition and Metabolism
- NUTR 710: Dietary and Herbal Supplements
- NUTR 742: Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice in Dietetics
- NUTR 743: Foundations in Leadership for Dietetics
- NUTR 741: Grant Writing for the Professional in Dietetics
- NUTR 769: Healthcare Administration for Dietetics
- NUTR 702: Macronutrients in Human Nutrition
- NUTR 523: Medical Nutrition Therapy 1
- NUTR 725: Nutrition & Human Performance
- NUTR 722: Nutritional Counseling and Education Methods
- NUTR 723: Nutrition Focus on Life Stages
- NUTR 760: Vitamins & Minerals in Human Nutrition
- STAT 514: Basic R Programming
- STAT 541: Statistical Methods 2
- STAT 600: Statistical Programming
- EDFN 730: Current Issues in Education
- EDFN 725: Education in a Pluralistic Society
- EDFN 700: Exceptional Learners
- EDFN 751: Teaching Reading Across Disciplines
- RANG 530: Ecology of Invasive Species
- ECON 540: Economics on the Internal Sector
- ECON 707: Research Methodology in Applied Economics
- HSC 733: Environmental Health