South Dakota State University is committed to providing higher education opportunities to fulfill the need for faculty members at Tribal Colleges and Universities to acquire graduate credits to meet HLC standards, as well as offer online graduate level courses for faculty/staff at technical and community colleges and K-12 schools. If you are interested in enrolling in an online graduate course, please complete the process outlined below. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Graduate School Application Process
- Go to our online application.
- Create an account and choose a password. You will then be issued a PIN number.
- Once you are in the application, indicate that you are a Domestic Non-Degree Seeking Applicant in the term section.
- Include course name and course code (listed below). You do not need to upload any documents.
- Select pay via cash/check on the application fee page. We will waive the application fee for you.
Once we process your application, we will register you for the requested course(s) and send a confirmation email to you. In that email, you will be provided your student ID number and additional non-degree seeking information. Thanks for choosing SDSU!
- Fall 2019
- August 26: Start date/instruction begins
- September 5: Last day to add/drop course
- November 8: Last day to drop course
Contact Dr. Nicole Lounsbery if you are still interested in registering for a course after the add/drop date.
Fall 2019 Courses
Online General Education Core Courses
- ENGL 792: Topics: Writing
- ENGL 792: Topics: Literature
- GEOG 520: Geography of Tourism
- GEOG 525: Population Geography
- GEOG 574: Vector and Raster Modeling
- GEOG 574L: Vector and Raster Modeling Lab
- GEOG 575: GIS Applications
- GEOG 575L: GIS Applications Lab
- MCOM 574: Media Administration and Management
- MCOM 705: Intro to Master of Mass Comm
- MCOM 786: Conducting Professional Research
- MCOM 788: Master's Research Problems/Projects
- NUTR 705 Functional Foods for Chronic Disease Prevention
- NUTR 715: Public Health Nutrition
- NUTR 723: Nutrition Focus on Life Stages
- NUTR 727: Obesity Across the Lifespan
- NUTR 729: International Nutrition and World Hunger
- NUTR 734: Research Methods in Dietetics
- NUTR 735: Current Trends in Dietetics Practice
- NUTR 761: Nutrition and Aging
- SOC 791: Independent Study
- STAT 601: Modern Applied Statistics