The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning, in collaboration with Jennifer McLaughlin, SDSU Sustainability Specialist, is excited to announce that we will be co-hosting the 2021 SDSU Sustainability Institute. This opportunity will provide SDSU faculty an opportunity to learn about sustainability and how to integrate it into their curriculum through the lens of their courses. The event will be hosted virtually using Zoom and D2L, with a mixture of synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
Brian Campbell, executive director for Iowa Environmental Council, will provide two live sessions discussing the thought processes and pedagogies for how to integrate sustainability. Brian brings years of experience working in higher education and a wealth of knowledge related to integrating sustainability into curriculum.
Other sessions will include testimonials from SDSU faculty who have successfully integrated sustainability into their curriculum, a panel discussion centered around sustainability and current events, and highlights of SDSU sustainability efforts and resources.
What Will be Covered?
- Overview of sustainability
- Techniques and resources for integrating sustainability into curriculum
- Testimonies from peers who have integrated sustainability into their curriculum
- SDSU resources
- Panel discussion on sustainability and current events
- Virtual tours of SDSU sustainability efforts
Why Should I Attend?
- Join the growing movement around sustainability
- Learn a diverse set of classroom teaching styles
- Create a culture that supports sustainability & increases quality of life (goals in IMAGINE 2023!)
- Dates: May 13 to May 27
- Live Sessions: May 13, 2021 and May 20, 2021 from 9:00 – 11:00 am
- On-Demand Content – Available for all participants between the dates of May 13 – 27
- CETL Points – Up to 8 Points Available – Points earned through completion of individual content within the institute D2L shell.