The Fishback Summer Scholars Program will immerse talented, motivated high school students in a week of "college life" at South Dakota State University. Participants will explore an array of interesting academic experiences, along with enrichment and social programs designed to help them prepare for the next step in their intellectual, personal and professional development.
The weeklong experience will include:
• The opportunity to interact with two academic colleges: Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Education and Human Sciences; Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering; Natural Sciences; Nursing; Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions
• Enrichment activities including self-exploration, teamwork, leadership development and college planning
• Visits to the university’s academic and cultural resources
• Mentoring from current Honors students
• Housing in Honors Hall and meals on campus
The week will begin with a program welcome and group meal. Students’ time will be focused on an in-depth engagement in their chosen primary academic program and exploration of one mini-academic program. Evening activities will include social and enrichment programming and a showcase of SDState’s premiere facilities.
Students will prepare for ‘graduation’ from the Summer Scholars program. Family members are invited to join the students for a showcase of their academic endeavors and a celebratory luncheon.
Space is limited. Applications should be submitted by June 5.
Program registration is $275.
Participants who enroll at South Dakota State will receive a $275 Summer Scholar Incentive, credited toward their first semester tuition.