COVID-19 has changed the scope of many things in the last few months. What hasn’t changed, is the dedication of the employees of South Dakota State University and that should be celebrated.
On June 16, 2020, from 4-6 p.m., the university will hold an outdoor, drive-thru retirement celebration for all employees retiring between March 1 and June 30. The event will happen in Parking Lot #158 on the east side of campus. Retirees will be assigned a parking space to park a car, set up lawn chairs, etc. Guests will be able to drive through the lot and congratulate the retirees from their cars.
Retirees participating include:
- Mike Adelaine, Vice President, Technology and Security;
- Melanie Betlach, Senior Secretary, Technology and Security;
- Michael Brown, Professor Emeritus, College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Science;
- Curt Gustafson, Associate Professor, Ness School of Management and Economics;
- Jane Hegland, Associate Dean, College of Education and Human Sciences;
- Mary Kay Helling, Vice Provost, Academic Affairs;
- Jane Mort, Dean, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions;
- Rich Reid, Associate Dean, Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering;
- Robert Schmidt, Professor, Mathematics and Statistics;
- Linda Schumacher, Executive Administrative Assistant, Office of the President;
- Penny Stover, Secretary, Ness School of Management and Economics; and
- Linda Wendt, Secretary, Mathematics and Statistics.
Building Access Directions
Guests should enter parking lot 158 from the north off of University Blvd. and exit onto 8th Street.