Undergraduate Commencement-Nomination of Student Speakers
South Dakota State University has traditionally invited a graduating senior to be a featured speaker at the spring graduation ceremony. We are seeking two senior speakers, one for each ceremony. The ceremonies and colleges are as follows:
10:00 am – College of Nursing, Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering, College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences, College of Natural Science
2:00 pm – College of Education and Human Sciences, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions
This memo requests your nomination of outstanding students capable of writing and delivering a commencement address, and worthy of the honor that selection represents. All students should be given equal consideration.
- Graduating senior (fall 2018, spring 2019, summer 2019);
- A record of academic excellence which will warrant graduation at a level well above average (please indicate cumulative GPA);
- Ability to speak effectively to a large audience;
- Demonstrated leadership in student organizations, student activities, public service, or other activities which involve speaking to groups;
- Representative of the best qualities of SDSU graduates.
Nominations should come in the form of a single-page letter detailing the student’s achievements in each of the qualification requirements as well as their major and college.
Commencement is May 4, 2019; please submit your nominations to Sandy Newman by March 1st, 2019.