Family Fun Day:
Fun, free, for the whole family throughout the museum. Deep Sea Imaginarium creature making with artist, Steve Bormes! Butterflies and Blooms Shrinky Dinks, and many more hands-on crafts for kids led by the South Dakota Art Museum Guild members. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
SDSU Mom's Weekend:
SDSU students, bring your moms by for fun photos at our Deep Sea Imaginarium Photo Booth...and check out the fabulous exhibits we have:
- Richard Van Buren: Material Witness
- Steve Bormes: Deep Sea Imaginarium
- Harvey Dunn: Night & Day
- Harvey Dunn: Cotton Candy Skies
- From Dusk to Dawn: Artworks from the Permanent Collection
- Butterflies and Blooms: Illustrations from Paul Goble
- Marghab Linen Collection
And don't forget the Museum Store! SDSU students and Museum Members receive 10% off purchases every day.
Building Access Directions
Parking is always free - in the Museum lot just west of the Museum on Harvey Dunn Street. University lots west and south of the museum are also open without permit on Saturdays.