University Center for Commercialization of Sustainable Energies and Precision Agriculture Sensors Technologies
Welcome to Qiao Group!
We are an active group of graduate students, postdocs, and research fellows, investigating various aspects of organic electronics including solar cells, batteries and sensors.
If you want to learn about what we have done recently or what we are working on, please visit our research and publications pages. If you are interested in joining in our group as a research assistant or a postdoctoral researcher, send me an email at Qiquan.Qiao@sdstate.edu.Selected journal papers
- Rajesh Pathak, Ke chen, ashim gurung, Khan Reza, Behzad Bahrami, Jyotshna Pokharel, Abiral Baniya, Wei He, Fan Wu, Yue Zhou, Kang Xu, and Qiquan Qiao, Fluorinated Hybrid Solid-Electrolyte-Interphase for Dendrite-Free Lithium Deposition, Nature Communications, accepted, 2019.
- Rajesh Pathak, Ke Chen, Ashim Gurung, Khan Mamun Reza, Behzad Bahrami, Fan Wu, Ashraf Chaudhary, Nabin Ghimire, Bin Zhou, Wen-Hua Zhang*, Yue Zhou*, Qiquan Qiao*, Ultrathin Bilayer of Graphite/SiO2 as Solid Interface for Reviving Li Metal Anode, Advanced Energy Materials, 1901486, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/aenm.201901486
- Ashim Gurung, Qiquan Qiao, Solar Charging Batteries: Advances, Challenges, and Opportunities, Joule, 2 (7), 1217-1230, 2018.
- Fan Wu*, Rajesh Pathak, Ke Chen, Guiqiang Wang, Behzad Bahrami, Wen-Hua Zhang*, Qiquan Qiao*, Inverted Current-Voltage Hysteresis in Perovskite Solar Cells, ACS Energy Lett., 3, pp 2457–2460, 2018.
- Md Faisal Kabir, Md Tawabur Rahman, Ashim Gurung, and Qiquan Qiao, Electrochemical Phosphate Sensors using Silver Nanowires Treated Screen Printed Electrodes, IEEE Sensors Journal, 18 (9), 3480-3485, 2018.
- Ashim Gurung, Ke Chen, Geetha Varnekar, Reza Khan, Salem Saad Abdulkarim, Rajesh Pathak, Roya Naderi, Qiquan Qiao*, Highly Efficient Perovskite Solar Cell Photo-Charging of Lithium Ion Battery using DC-DC Booster, Advanced Energy Materials, 1602105 (1-8), 2017.
- Roya Naderi, Ashim Gurung, Zhengping Zhou, Geetha Varnekar, Ke Chen, Jiantao Zai*, Xuefeng Qian*, Qiquan Qiao*, Activation of passive nano-fillers in composite polymer electrolyte for higher performance lithium ion batteries, Advanced Sustainable Systems, 1. 8, 1700043, 2017.
- Mukesh Kumar*, Ashish Dubey, Nirmal Adhikari, Swaminathan Venkatesan and Qiquan Qiao*, Strategic review of secondary phases, defects and defect-complexes in kesterite CZTS-Se solar cells, Energy Environ. Sci., 8, 3134-3159, 2015.
- Swaminathan Venkatesan, Jihua Chen, Evan C. Ngo, Ashish Dubey, Devendra Khatiwada, Cheng Zhang, Qiquan Qiao, Critical role of domain crystallinity, domain purity and domain interface sharpness for reduced bimolecular recombination in polymer solar cells, Nano Energy, 12, 457-467, 2015.
- Qi Wang, Iain W. H. Oswald, Xiaolong Yang, Guijiang Zhou, Huiping Jia, , Qiquan Qiao, Yonghua Chen, Jason Hoshikawa-Halbert, and Bruce E. Gnade, A Non-Doped Phosphorescent Organic Light-Emitting Device with Above 31% External Quantum Efficiency, Advanced Materials, 26: 8107–8113, 2014.
- Qi Wang, Iain W. H. Oswald, Michael R. Perez, Huiping Jia, Qiquan Qiao, Bruce E. Gnade, and Mohammad A. Omary, Doping-Free Organic Light-Emitting Diodes with Very High Power Efficiency, Simple Device Structure, and Superior Spectral Performance, Advanced Functional Materials, 24(30), 4746-4752, 2014.
- Swaminathan Venkatesan, Nirmal Adhikary, Jihua Chen, Evan C. Ngo, Ashish Dubey and David W Galipeau, and Qiquan Qiao, Interplay of nanoscale domain purity and size on charge transport and recombination dynamics in polymer solar cells, Nanoscale, 6 (2), 1011 - 1019, 2014.
- Shoushuang Huang, Qingquan He, Wenlong Chen, Qiquan Qiao, Dr. Jiantao Zai,and Xuefeng Qian, Ultrathin FeSe2Nanosheets: Controlled Synthesis and Application as a Heterogeneous Catalyst in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Chemistry - A European Journal, Chem. Eur. J. doi: 10.1002/chem.201406124, 2015.
- Abu Farzan Mitul, Lal Mohammad, Swaminathan Venkatesan, Nirmal Adhikari, Sudhan Sigdel, Qi Wang, Ashish Dubey, Devendra Khatiwada and Qiquan Qiao, Low temperature efficient interconnecting layer for tandem polymer solar cells, Nano Energy, 11, 56-63, 2014.
- Jing Li, Ming Yan, Yu Xie, and Qiquan Qiao, Linker Effects on Optoelectronic Properties of Alternate Donor-Acceptor Conjugated Polymers. Energy & Environmental Science, 4 (10), 4276-4283, 2011.
- Mahbube Siddiki, Jing Li, David Galipeau, and Qiquan Qiao, "A review of polymer multijunction solar cells (invited review, among top ten most-read paper in July 2010)". Energy & Environmental Science, 3(7): p. 867-883, 2010.
- Prakash Joshi, Yu Xie, Mike Ropp, David Galipeau, Shelia Bailey, and Qiquan Qiao. Dye-sensitized Solar Cells based on Low Cost Nanoscale Carbon/TiO2 Composite Counter Electrode. Energy & Environmental Science (invited and cover article, among top ten most-read paper in August 2010), 2, 426 –429, 2009.
Graduate Coordinator of Electrical Engineering