Mission: The mission of the department is to develop human capital and create and disseminate knowledge and information that helps in making business and economic decisions.
Vision: Enhancement of academics, research and scholarship, and extension and outreach programs to support economic development in South Dakota and the region and raise the visibility and reputation of the department and university.
Academics: Bachelor’s and master’s programs will be recognizes as amongst the best
in the nation.
Research and scholarship: Regularly contribute to the world body of knowledge through refereed publications and presentation of research results at regional, national, and international venues.
Extension and outreach: Develop programs that are recognized as unique and copied by other Land Grant Universities.
Motto: Efficiency, Equity, and Ethics
- Excellence in all programs,
- Responsive to needs and requests of stakeholders,
- Integrity and Ethics above reproach,
- Collegiality and Collaboration envied by all,
- Diverse creating opportunity for everyone, and
- Accountable to all stakeholders.