The major in Entrepreneurial Studies is designed to enhance entrepreneurial talent by providing students with the knowledge, skills and experiences to think entrepreneurially and create value in our society. Curricular and extracurricular opportunities in the program will train students to cultivate a mindset for thinking creatively and develop the ability to be innovative.
The curriculum emphasizes:
- Business Management
- Interdisciplinary electives
This curriculum model will allow students to gain fundamental knowledge, skills and experience to think entrepreneurially and be leaders by adopting an innovative and creative thought process.
Students may be interested in starting a new business or growing an existing business, working independently as a creative artist or inventor, consulting or management of an organization, development, sales or marketing of new products.
Major Core Coursework
- ACCT 210 - Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACCT 211 - Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
- BADM 101 - Survey of Business (3 credits)
- BADM 310 - Business Finance (3 credits)
- BADM 350 - Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- BADM 360 - Organization and Management (3 credits)
- BADM 370 - Marketing (3 credits)
- BADM 424 - Operations Research (3 credits) or ECON 423 - Introduction to Econometrics (3 credits)
- BADM 460 - Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- CSC 325 - Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- ECON 201 - Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON 202 - Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON 301 - Intermediate Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON 302 - Intermediate Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ENTR 236 - Innovation & Creativity Credits (3 credits)
- ENTR 237 - ENTR II: Entrepreneurship Development (3 credits)
- ENTR 338 - ENTR III: New Venture Creation (3 credits)
- ENTR 410 - Financing Innovative Ideas (3 credits)
- ENTR 488 - Entrepreneurial Studies Capstone (3 credits)
- One Elective from ACCT, AGEC, BADM, ECON, ENTR, or MGMT (3 credits)
Not sure if this major is for you?
Check out the Degree Explorer, which allows you to compare all the majors that SDSU offers.