Hometown: Sioux Falls, SD
C. Milo Thelin was employed by Standard Oil Co. of Indiana for one year as a construction clerk at Huron, SD, following his graduation from SDSC. In 1925, he was employed by the bridge department of the State Highway Commission of Indiana. He moved to Fort Worth, TX, in 1928 as a Design Engineer. In 1941, he became Assistant City Engineer and was named Public Works Director in 1946. For 38 years, he played a key role in building Fort Worth’s streets, bridges and drainage facilities. Under his administration, the Southwest Airport and the Village Creek sewage treatment plant were constructed. Following his retirement, he joined Freese and Nichols, Inc., as a Design Engineer and Project Manager. Mr. Thelin was a Professional Engineer registered in the states of Texas and South Dakota. He was named Engineer of the Year for 1963 by the Texas Society of Professional Engineers and was awarded the Samuel A. Greeley Award by the American Public Works Association in 1958. He was an active member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, former Secretary and President of the Texas Construction Council, and Past President of the Texas Public Works Association.