Student Disability Services Grievance Process
- The student communicates to the Office of Disability Services their concern/grievance. The coordinator and the student will engage in an interactive process to resolve the concern.
- If the student feels their grievance has not been adequately addressed by the Coordinator of Disability Services, they are encouraged to contact the Director of Multicultural Affairs at 605-688-5585. The Director and the student will engage in an interactive process to resolve the grievance.
- If the student does not feel the Director has adequately addressed their grievance, they are encouraged to contact the Dean of Students at 605-688-4493.
- If the student does not feel the Dean of Students has adequately address their grievance, they are encouraged to contact the Title IX/EEO office at 605-688-4128.
- Any student who believes they received disparate treatment due to gender or any protected class is encouraged to contact the Office of Title IX/Equal Opportunity Coordinator.
Responses can be expected within 15 calendar days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am dissatisfied with a decision by a professor regarding academic accommodations?
- Student is to first bring their concern to the professor's department chair.
- If the student is dissatisfied with the outcome of that interaction, they are to bring their concern to the dean of the college in which the department is located.
- If the student is dissatisfied with the outcome of that interaction, they are to bring their concern to the University's Provost office.
- What if I feel that I unfairly received a parking ticket and would like to challenge it?
- Parking Services has an online process for ticket appeals that can be accessed through your online parking account.