Student Disability Services Grievance Process
- The student communicates to the Coordinator of Disability Services their concern/grievance. The coordinator and the student will engage in an interactive process to resolve the concern.
- If the student feels their grievance has not been adequately addressed by the Coordinator of Disability Services, they are encouraged to contact the Interim Director of the Multicultural Affairs Office at 605-688-5585. The Interim Director and the student will engage in an interactive process to resolve the grievance.
- If the student does not feel the Interim Director has adequately addressed their grievance, they are encouraged to contact the Dean of Students at 605-688-4493.
- If the student does not feel the Dean of Students has adequately address their grievance, they are encouraged to contact the Title IX/EEO office at 605-688-4128.
- Any student who believes they received disparate treatment due to gender or any protected class is encouraged to contact the Office of EO/Title IX Coordinator.
Responses can be expected within 15 calendar days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If a student is dissatisfied with a decision by a professor regarding academic accommodations:
- They are to first bring their concern to the professor's department chair.
- If they are dissatisfied with the outcome of that interaction, they are to bring their concern to the dean of the college in which the department is located.
- If they are dissatisfied with the outcome of that interaction, they are to bring their concern to the University's Provost office.
- If a student wishes to challenge a parking ticket:
- Parking Services has an online process for ticket appeals that can be accessed through your online parking account.