TitleDean/Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Office BuildingAvera Health & Science Center
Mailing AddressAvera Health & Science 133B
Pharmacy & Allied Health Professions-Box 2202C
Brookings, SD 57007
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS – ARTICLES
1. Kuschel LM, Mort JR. Impact of hydrocodone schedule change on opioid patterns in South Dakota. SD Medicine. South Dakota Medicine 2017;70:449-55.
2. Ngorsuraches S, Mort JR. Examining the value of subsidies of health plans and cost-sharing for prescription drugs in health insurance marketplace. American Health & Drug Benefits 2016;9(7):368-77.
3. Hansen DJ, Mort JR, Brandenburger T, Lempola A. Relationship of prepharmacy repeat course history to students’ early academic difficulty in a pharmacy curriculum. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2015;79(10) Article 154.
4. Mort JR. Antipsychotic medication use in nursing homes: Approaches to reduce use and national trends. South Dakota Medicine 2015;68(10):464-5.
5. Shiyanbola OO, Mort JR. Patients’ perceived value of pharmacy quality measures: A mixed-methods study. BMJ Open 2015;5:e006086 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006086.
6. Shiyanbola OO, Mort JR. Exploring consumer understanding and preferences for pharmacy quality information. Pharmacy Practice 2014:12(4):468-80.
7. Mort JR, Strain JD, Helgeland DL, Seefeldt TM. Perceived impact of a longitudinal leadership program for all pharmacy students. Innovations in Pharmacy 2014;5(3): Article 167.
8. Mort JR, Sailor R, Hintz L. Partnership to decrease antipsychotic medication use in nursing homes. South Dakota Medicine 2014;67(2):67-9.
9. Strain JD, Farver DK, Heins JR, Mort JR, Shiyanbola OO. Validity and reliability of a practitioner service tool: Potential resource for assessing faculty practitioners. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2013;70:1876-8.
10. Shiyanbola OO, Mort JR, Lyons K. Advancing the use of community pharmacy quality measures: A qualitative study. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association 2013;53(4):400-407.
11. Mort JR. Involving the resident/decision maker in antipsychotic medication use. South Dakota Medicine 2013;66(4):148-9.
12. Mort JR, Hintz L. Reducing adverse drug events through the Patient Safety and Clinical Pharmacy Service Collaborative (PSPC). South Dakota Pharmacist 2013;27(1):12.
13. Mort JR, Remund KE, Bradley B. Managing depression for residents in nursing facilities. Consultant Pharmacist 2012;27(7):494-503.
14. Seefeldt TM, Mort JR, Brockevelt B, Giger J, Jordre B, Lawler M, Nilson W, Svien L. A pilot study of interprofessional case discussions for health professions students using the virtual world Second Life. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning 2012;4(4):224-231.
15. Nichols T, Sckerl J, Mort J. Common Read Impact Reaches Campus and Community. E-Source for College Transitions 2012;9(2):7-9,14.
16. Johannsen S, Mort JR. Care transitions: focus and the pharmacy role. South Dakota Pharmacist 2012;26(2):16.
17. Mort JR, Shiyanbola OO, Ndehi LN, Xu Y, Stacy JN. Opioid-paracetamol prescription patterns and liver dysfunction: A retrospective cohort study in a population served by a US health benefits organization. Drug Safety 2011;34(11):1079-88.
18. Mort JR, Laible BR, Johnson TJ. Implementing standards 2007 to improve students’ preparation for advanced pharmacy practice experiences. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2011;75(4): Article 74.
19. Mort JR, Sailor RT. Prescriptions for potentially inappropriate medications among elderly American Indian Medicare beneficiaries. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2011;45:129-30.
20. Mort JR. Invited Commentary on: Use of technology to enhance student self evaluation and the value of feedback on teaching. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation 2011;18(10):589-90.
21. Mort JR, Hansen DJ. First-year pharmacy students’ self-assessment of communication skills and the impact of video review. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2010;74(5): Article 78.
22. Mort JR, Johnson TJ, Hedge DD. Impact of an introductory pharmacy practice experience on students’ performance in an advanced practice experience. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2010;74(1): Article 11.
23. Mort JR. Managing the pain of pressure ulcers. South Dakota Medicine 2010;63;419-20.
24. Mort JR, Schroeder SD, Sailor R. Medication use patterns in elderly South Dakota Medicare patients. South Dakota Medicine 2010;63:47-9.
25. Mort JR. Implications and management of decline for the elderly patient. Consultant Pharmacist 2009;24:611-625.
26. Mort JR, Schroeder SD. Propoxyphene and pain management in the elderly. South Dakota Medicine 2009;62:433-5.
27. May S, Mort J, Sailor R. Potentially inappropriate medications (PIMs) on the prairie: Propoxyphene use in North Dakota and South Dakota. Dakota Nurse Connection 2009;7(4):22-5.
28. Mort JR. High dose acetaminophen in narcotic combinations: Should there be concern? South Dakota Medicine 2008;61(8):294-295.
29. Mort JR, Kruse HR. Timing of blood pressure measurement related to caffeine consumption. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2008;42:105-110.
30. Mort J. Medication therapy management: A Medicare part D benefit available to qualifying beneficiaries. South Dakota Medical Journal 2007;60:121.
Image for College of Pharmacy & Allied Health Professions