|Title||Graduate Research Assistant|
|Office Building||Crothers Engineering Hall|
|Mailing Address||South Dakota State University
Water & Environmental Engineering Research Center
SCEH 112, Box 2219
Brookings, SD 57007
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
EducationPh.D. (In Progress) Civil Engineering, South Dakota State University, 2018 (Expected)
M.S. Civil Engineering, South Dakota State University, 2014
B.S. Civil Engineering, Islamic University of Gaza, 2011
Professional MembershipsGolden Key International Honor Society
Sigma Xi (The Research Honor Society)
Water Environment Federation
American Water Works Association
American Society of Civil Engineers
American Chemical Society
American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists
American Society for Engineering Education
Applications of Research1. Abusallout, I., Rahman, S., Hua, G. (2017) "Effect of temperature and pH on dehalogenation of total organic chlorine, bromine and iodine in drinking water." Chemosphere 187, 11-18.
2. Abusallout, I., Hua, G. (2017) "Characterization of dissolved organic carbon leached from a woodchip bioreactor." Chemosphere 183, 36-43.
3. Abusallout, I., Hua, G. (2016) "Photolytic dehalogenation of disinfection byproducts in water by natural sunlight irradiation." Chemosphere 159, 184-192.
4. Abusallout, I., Hua, G. (2016) "Natural solar photolysis of total organic chlorine, bromine and iodine in water." Water Research 92, 69-77.
5. Hua, G., Reckhow, D.A., Abusallout, I. (2015) “Correlation between SUVA and DBP formation during chlorination and chloramination of NOM fractions from different sources.” Chemosphere 130, 82-89.
Area(s) of ResearchDisinfection Byproducts
Natural Organic Matter
Natural Solar Photolysis
Work Experience(06/2013 to Present) Wastewater Operator and Lab Technician, Brookings Wastewater Treatment Plant, Brookings, SD.
Former Positions Held(05/2016 - 05/2017) President, WEF/AWWA Student Chapter at South Dakota State University.
(05/2015 - 05/2016) Vice President, WEF/AWWA Student Chapter at South Dakota State University.