Office BuildingEdgar S. McFadden Biostress Lab
Mailing AddressMcFadden Biostress Laboratory 247D
Agronomy, Horticulture & Plant Science-Box 2140C
Brookings, SD 57007
BiographyI am a Weed Scientist/Agronomist with more than 20 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses and conducting research in the areas of weed science and agronomy. After completing my program of study for a Ph.D. in Agronomy (Weed Science) at Texas A&M University in 1995, I worked for the Jordan University of Science & Technology as a Professor of Weed Science. I was awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, leading to a sabbatical in Stuttgart, Germany in 2003 and was a Visiting Scholar at the University of Kentucky in 2009, to study alternative weed management strategies. I have published 29 peer reviewed articles, chaired many research and teaching committees, and advised, co- advised and examined many graduate students in my role as a faculty member. Currently I teach many courses within the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture, and Plant Science at SDSU.
CVH Ghosheh CV S018.pdf
Education• Ph.D., Agronomy (Weed Science) , Texas A&M University, 1995.
• M.Sc., Plant Production (Plant Breeding), University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. 1989.
• B.Sc., Plant Production, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. 1986.
Academic ResponsibilitiesTeaching the following Courses:
• PS 103L: Crop Production Labs. Offered Fall and Spring semesters (Multiple sections)
• PS 338L: Crop Improvement Labs. Offered Fall and Spring semesters (Multiple Sections)
• PS 445L: Weed Science Labs. Offered Fall semesters (Multiple Sections)
• PS 492: Special Topics: Non-chemical weed management. Offered Spring 2018.