Office BuildingEdgar S. McFadden Biostress Lab
Mailing AddressMcFadden Biostress Laboratory 247D
Agronomy, Horticulture & Plant Science-Box 2140C
Brookings, SD 57007
BiographyI am a Weed Scientist/Agronomist with more than 20 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses and conducting research in the areas of weed science and agronomy. After completing a Ph.D. in Agronomy (Weed Science) at Texas A&M University, I joined Jordan University of Science & Technology, as a Professor of Weed Science. I was awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, leading to a sabbatical year in the Stuttgart, Germany. I was a Visiting Scholar at the University of Kentucky in 2009, studying alternative weed management strategies. I have published 29 peer reviewed articles, chaired many research and teaching committees, and advised, co- advised and examined many graduate students. Currently I teach many courses within the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture, and Plant Science at SDSU, and I am the Undergraduate Coordinator for the Department of AHPS.
CVH Ghosheh CV S018.pdf
Education• Ph.D., Agronomy (Weed Science) , Texas A&M University, 1995.
• M.Sc., Plant Production (Plant Breeding), University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. 1989.
• B.Sc., Plant Production, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. 1986.
Academic ResponsibilitiesTeaching the following Courses:
• PS 103L: Crop Production Labs. Offered Fall and Spring semesters (Multiple sections)
• PS 338L: Crop Improvement Labs. Offered Fall and Spring semesters (Multiple Sections)
• PS 445L: Weed Science Labs. Offered Fall semesters (Multiple Sections)
• PS 492: Special Topics: Non-chemical weed management. Offered Spring 2018.
Image for Department of Agronomy, Horticulture & Plant Science