The mission of the Department of Counseling and Human Development is to provide high quality educational programs to learners who will work in human science fields, and to generate knowledge of human behavior, cognition and interaction.
The graduates of the CHD department will be dedicated to their profession and strive to enhance the well-being of the individuals, families, organizations and communities in which they work.
- Individual and family development over the lifespan
- Competency in the professional discipline
- Life-long learning both professionally and personally
- Moral and ethical behavior
- Commitment to self-care, prevention and wellness principles