Students may take examinations off campus as long as security measures for administering the test are strictly maintained before, during and after testing. Off campus examinees should be tested under the same circumstances as their peers on campus to ensure the academic integrity of the examination. The student is responsible for selecting a qualified proctor, which must be approved by the course instructor. Not all online or off-campus courses require exams and quizzes to be proctored, this is determined by the course instructor.
|Appropriate Proctors||Inappropriate Proctors|
|Faculty Members||High school students|
|Retired faculty members||College peers|
|Professional Educators (superintendent or principal)||Relatives|
The examination should be administered in a quiet, well-lighted office or classroom setting conducive to concentration. Exam administration in private homes is not appropriate.
Proctor Responsibilities include:
- Store the exam in a secure location where it cannot be accessed by other students.
- Check student photo ID to ensure the examinee is actually the right person.
- Ensure no copies of the exam are made.
- Ensure that the student does not access notes, books or articles during the exam unless the test specifies otherwise.
- Time the test and stop the examinee after time has been expended.
- Note any testing irregularities on a separate sheet.
- Secure the exam until mailing.
- Ship completed test to designated address within 4 hours of test completion. Use traceable shipping procedures (UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- If a fee is charged for exam supervision, request payment from the student at the time of testing. SDSU will not pay proctor fees.
SDSU reserves the right to verify proctor qualifications, require additional evidence of eligibility or select a different proctor. The Proctor Agreement may be terminated for any cause by the proctor, student or SDSU upon written notification to all parties.
SDBOR Proctor Information
|Black Hills State University||By appointment||E.Y. Library and Learning Center||605-642-6099|
|Black Hills State University - Rapid City||Monday - Tuesday:||BHSU-Rapid City Testing||605-718-4193|
|9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Center Room 114P|
|Wednesday - Friday:||Rapid City, SD|
|9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Capital University Center||Monday-Friday:||925 E Sioux Ave||605-773-2160|
|8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Pierre, SD|
|Dakota State University||None posted||Library Room 203||605-256-5049|
|Northern State University||Monday - Friday||Beulah Williams||605-626-2029|
|8:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.||Library Room 154A|
|South Dakota State University||Monday-Friday:||Testing Center||605-688-6460|
|8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.||1100 College Ave|
|South Dakota School of Mines and Technology||Monday-Friday:||501 E. St. Joseph St||605-394-2428|
|8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Rapid City, SD|
|USD Community College for Sioux Falls||Monday-Thursday:||4801 N Career Ave|
|9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Sioux Falls, SD||605-274-9550|
|9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|University of South Dakota||Monday - Thursday:||North Complex Commons|
|9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Room 107||605-658-6143|
|Friday||750 N. Plum Street|
|9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.||Vermillion, SD|
|9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|