The Associate’s Degree in General Studies provides you with a foundation of general education courses in six core areas of study-composition, speech, the social sciences, humanities, mathematics and the natural sciences—along with elective coursework that totals up to 60 credits. Graduate with a degree that says you are prepared for a job of impact or signals you are ahead of the crowd as you transfer into a bachelor’s degree program.
Your General Education Requirements
- Develop Sound Reasoning — System General Education Courses
- Express Yourself — System General Education Courses
- Understand Your World — Social Sciences and Diversity Courses
- Expand Your Horizons — Art, Literature, Culture and Language Courses
- Compute and Balance Solutions — Mathematics and Statistics Courses
- Methodically Test and Analyze Results — Natural Sciences Courses
Note: All Minnesota residents enrolling in online courses for the A.A. in General Studies degree must complete at least 5 General Education credit hours in English/Communications; and 8 General Education credit hours in the following: Math/Natural Science, Humanities and Social Sciences. Minnesota residents will be required to have a total of 40 credits in General Education for the A.A. in General Studies.
Professional Academic Advisor
School of English and Interdisciplinary Studies
SDSU Continuing and Distance Education