To apply at South Dakota State University, follow the steps below:
Print required paperwork
- Read expectations and guidelines
- Attain parent/guardian signature
Submit paperwork to High School
- Attain high school signature
- Paperwork can then be submitted, along with your transcript and ACT report, if applicable, via email, fax or mail to:
- Tracia Hogue
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 605-688-5977
- Mail: SWH Box 510, Brookings, SD 57007
Schedule the Accuplacer exam (if needed) *
- Students have three options for taking the Accuplacer exam: 1) test at South Dakota State University, 2) test at another authorized Accuplacer testing site, or 3) take the exam with “Examity”, an online proctoring company.
- Click here to test at South Dakota State University, and click the “ACCUPLACER REGISTRATION AT SDSU” to register for an appointment and pay the $18 fee.
- Click here for a list of other authorized testing sites in South Dakota. Please contact the SDSU Testing Center at 605-688-6460 to request an exam voucher to test at one of these sites and to pay the $18 fee.
- To take the exam by “Examity”, you will also need to contact the Testing Center at 605-688-6460 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a voucher. There is a fee which will be paid directly to Examity in addition to the $18 fee paid to SDSU. A webcam is required to use Examity.
Check email for enrollment confirmation
- An email will be sent to you using the email address you provide on your application so be sure it is one you check often
- Contents of email
- Enrollment Confirmation
- Important Dates
- HSDC Handbook
- HSDC Facebook Group
- SDSU Student Accounts
- Textbook information
- Payment information
- Parking information
- Disability Services
- Tech Support
- Spring semester
- November 1
- Summer semester
- February 1
- Fall semester
- April 1
For the fall and spring terms, students may enroll in available courses until the close of business on the first day of each term.
Multiple terms are offered during the summer session at each Regental institution, and students may enroll in available courses until the close of business on the first day of each respective term.
*Registration in English and math courses will require placement via ACT/SAT and/or Accuplacer.