High school students have the opportunity to enroll in courses for high school, as well as college credit through South Dakota State University (SDSU). These courses are taught in the high school by teachers meeting the qualifications as required by the South Dakota Board of Regents and SDSU under the guidance and supervision of SDSU faculty.
Current High Schools Participating
- Brookings High School – ENGL 101, Composition I (English Placement needed)
- Madison High School – HIST 151, U.S. History I and HIST 152, U.S. History II
Do I qualify?
- High School Junior
- Earn an ACT composite score of 24 reflective of the 70% percentile; or
- Rank in upper one-third of their graduating class; or
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50 on a 4.0 scale;
- High School Senior
- Earn an ACT composite score of 21 reflective of the 50% percentile; or
- Rank in the upper one-half of their graduating class; or
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale;
- High School Junior or Senior eligible to enroll in a High School in South Dakota meeting Undergraduate Admissions Requirements:
- ACT score of 18 (or 21 for USD and SDSM&T); and
- Successful completion of coursework Requirements:
- Four Years of English
- Three years of advanced mathematics
- Three years of laboratory science
- Three years of social studies
- One year of fine arts
How do I apply?
Students must be enrolled in the course at their high school and can apply for college credit by completing the High School Dual Credit Online application.
Ready to learn more?
We are here to help. Let us know what questions you have. We'll get back to you ASAP.