The Office of Continuing and Distance Education is the center for online and off-campus learning. South Dakota State University offers online and off-campus undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificate programs, professional development opportunities and workshops. Our services expand the University's reach to a diverse community of learners.
CDE will be an innovative, relevant and responsive office that will harness the potential of alternative delivery methods and student support models to meet the needs of an ever-changing global marketplace.
Continuing and Distance Education (CDE) expands the reach of the University by facilitating the delivery of high-quality credit and non-credit educational programming to a diverse community of distance learners to build human capital and foster knowledge-based economic development.
Continuing and Distance Education’s strategic goals align with institutional goals and priorities identified in Imagine 2023.
- Strategic Goal 1: Foster collaboration with academic colleges to produce high quality, transformative distance education.
- Strategic Goal 2: Provide access to education through innovative modes of delivery to a diverse population.
- Strategic Goal 3: Implement holistic academic resources and tools necessary to promote distance student success.
- Strategic Goal 4: Partner with academic colleges in hosting high quality academic conferences that showcase the diverse expertise of the university.
- Strategic Goal 5: Develop high-performing professionals within Continuing and Distance Education.
People to Depend On
Dynamic, energetic and friendly. The CDE staff is dedicated to building quality educational and engagement opportunities while maintaining excellent support for our students. We are here for you!