Passion is care in action. It’s doing work you believe in for a cause you value. With the right blend of commitment, knowledge and talent, you can conquer a challenging career that can be truly rewarding. As a nonprofit professional in the making, you probably already have the commitment. In the SDSU Leadership and Management of Nonprofit Organizations (LMNO) Program, you’ll acquire the knowledge and develop the talents to engage in your cause.
So what’s your cause – youth, children, the arts, education, animal welfare, the environment, human services, or international affairs? Is it something else? Whatever it is, LMNO at SDSU will help you convert your passion into action.
- New Major: Created in 2017!
- 1.6 Million Nonprofits in the United States*
- 11.4 million jobs in the nonprofit industry*
- Students can become a certified nonprofit professional
- The certified nonprofit professional credential is the only national credential preparing students for careers in nonprofit management.
- Certified Nonprofit Professionals are 7 times more likely to reach executive director and CEO level of nonprofits.**
- Major complements over 30 minors on-campus
*Independent Sector, http://www.independentsector.org/about/the-charitable-sector/
**Nonprofit Leadership Alliance and LinkedIn Study, https://www.nonprofitleadershipalliance.org/credential/results/
This third-generation Jackrabbit is one of the first LMNO majors at South Dakota State.
"I like how broad it is. I have classes with public relations, marketing, consumer behaviors…I am getting skills in several areas. My mom works for a nonprofit. I have enjoyed seeing how she has helped the community—seeing all the changes she made from her hard work. What makes me want to be leader is the change I see in people. The way leaders have affected me is how I want to affect others."