Projects Completed and In Progress (Since 2015)
South Dakota Native Homeownership Baseline Data Collection
The project is sponsored by the South Dakota Native Homeownership Coalition (SDNHOC) to collect homeownership baseline data to measure the impact of their work and develop milestones and future impact goals. The Center’s efforts include:
- extracting and compiling homeownership data and public loan data from American Community Surveys (ACS) and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA);
- developing short surveys for practitioners and lenders/providers to collect data training opportunities and mortgage and lending data;
- acquiring baseline data from local lenders;
- working with coalition leaders to identify key indicators for the assessment of progress.
South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum Needs Assessment
The project is sponsored by South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum to conduct a broader needs assessment and assist with facilitating the planning process. The Center’s efforts include:
- conducting focus groups across the state;
- developing surveys to collect data from members of the Museum, students and faculty from SDSU;
- analyzing the survey data and reporting the results.
SDSU First-Year Full-Time (FYFT) Undergraduate Enrollment Projections to 2020
The project is sponsored by SDSU Student Affairs Office to analyze the student enrollment data and create the FYFT undergraduate projections to the year 2020. The Center’s efforts include:
- analyzing the FYFT student population at South Dakota State University (SDSU) from 2005 to 2014;
- analyzing the school enrollment trend in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa;
- making projections of FYFT undergraduate enrollment at SDSU to the year 2020.
Demographic and Economic Characteristics of Midwestern States
The work is sponsored by the SDSU Extension Office to extract and compile contemporary and historical data of demographics, income, poverty rates, population lived on farms for 12 Midwestern states. Maps showing county population changes, children and elderly population changes by counties in the 12 Midwestern states are created by the Center.
Hunkpati Program Evaluation and Community Needs Assessment
The project is sponsored by Hunkpati Investments to evaluate the impact of their current programs and training courses provided to the community, and access the needs of the population within their service areas on credit-build programs and training courses on entrepreneurship and financial management. The Center’s efforts include:
- developing surveys to collect data on program evaluation and needs assessment;
- compiling secondary demographic and economic data of the community and population for within the service area.
Brookings School District Enrollment Projections to 2025
The project is sponsored by Brookings School District to analyze the enrollment trends between 1999 and 2015, and develop single-year enrollment projections by grade to the year of 2025. The Report
Brookings Health System Economic Impact
The work is sponsored by Brookings Health System (BHS) to evaluate the impact of BHS on the economic well-being of Brookings County. The tasks include an overview of the economic and demographic context of the county and an analysis of direct and indirect impacts of BHS on the growth of employment and labor income in the county from 2010 to 2013. The Report
South Dakota County Population Projections to 2050
The project is sponsored by the Governor’s Office to create population projections for the state, metropolitans, counties and selected cities. The projections, collapsed by age groups (5 years) and two gender groups, are made for every 5 year period to the year of 2050. Population Pyramids are included for each projection.
South Dakota County Demographic and Economic Profile
The project is sponsored by the Governor’s Office to create the county profile for counties in South Dakota, including contemporary and selected historical data of population demographics, educational attainment, housing units, homeownership rates, median household income, poverty level and population density, employment and earnings by industries, school enrollment and graduation rates and vital statistics.
SDSU First-Year Full-Time (FYFT) Undergraduate Enrollment Projections to 2025
The project is sponsored by SDSU Student Affairs Office to update the FYFT undergraduate projections to the year 2025. The Center’s efforts include:
- analyzing the school enrollment and graduation trends by school district and county in South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa;
- creating projections of FYFT undergraduate enrollment to the year 2025.