Examining financial ebbs and flows
The U.S. Census is one of the most accessible and common sources of income and poverty information. Using Census data, one can determine the per capita income, median household income, and number of people falling within certain income levels. In addition, the Census Bureau reports the number of people living above and below the poverty line as well as ratios of income to poverty. This information can be accessed via American Factfinder.
- 2014 South Dakota County Poverty and Median Household Income Estimates
- South Dakota Median Household Income Estimates by Householder Age 2010-2015
- 2011-2015 COMPARATIVE ECONOMIC DATA OF SOUTH DAKOTA - PLACE LEVEL
- Tables summarizing median household income and poverty estimates for 1998 can be found in Tables 62 and 63.
- Poverty Data from the 2009 ACS 5-year estimates for all South Dakota counties
We have released the following materials pertaining to income and poverty information:
- Working Poverty (RS1-07)
- South Dakota's Child Poverty Change (RS2-08)
Extension Circulars and Reports
- Wages Required for Self-Sufficiency (EC930)
More specific poverty and financial information is available upon request. Please call 605-688-4132 or email us for more detailed information.