The SDSU Disc Golf Course is located on the east side of campus.
Rapid City is one of four satellite campuses that South Dakota State University has in their nursing program.
The Sheep Research and Teaching Unit, located 1.5 miles north of the main campus, maintains a closed ewe flock of 250 commercial Polypay and 125 purebred Hampshire ewes.
Solberg Hall is home to the construction and operations management department. This historic building is connected to the Chicoine Architecture, Mathematics and Engineering Hall.
Originally built as the Stock Judging Pavilion, the building became the headquarters of the South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum at SDSU, in 1977.
Located on the west side of campus, the South Dakota Art Museum is home to several collections of people with an SDSU connection or to the state. Paintings by Ada Caldwell, Harvey Dunn, Oscar Howe and more are on display at the museum.
Around 1955, a group of progressive farmers began efforts to create an association that would be concerned with agricultural research in southeast South Dakota.
Southeast University Neighborhood includes apartments, townhouses and a Starbucks coffee shop.
Part of Jackrabbit Village, Spencer Hall is one of three new residence halls completed in August 2010. The four floors house 148 students with 21 rooms on each floor: 16 doubles, four singles and a room for a residence hall adviser.
Stanley J. Marshall Center houses offices for most of the Athletic Department as well as First Bank & Trust Arena and the university's swimming pool.