The SDSU Disc Golf Course is located on the east side of campus.
The SDSU Sheep Research and Teaching Unit, located 1.5 miles north of the main campus, maintains a closed ewe flock of 250 commercial Polypay and 125 purebred Hampshire ewes.
Solberg Hall was built in 1901 for $65,000 and named in honor of Halvor Christian Solberg, the man who introduced mechanical engineering to SDSU. Solberg drove the first car in Brookings in 1904 and started an automobile engineering course before anyone recognized that the auto was here to stay. He drew up plans for Highway 14 from Winona, MN to the Black Hills, as well as numerous other projects.
Located on the west side of campus, the South Dakota Art Museum is home to several collections of people with an SDSU connection or to the state. Paintings by Ada Caldwell, Harvey Dunn, Oscar Howe and more are on display at the museum. Museum curators change the exhibits every few months to provide a fresh display. The building also has a lecture hall, along with a gift shop. While admission to the museum is free, donations are appreciated.
Around 1955, a group of progressive farmers began efforts to create an association that would be concerned with agricultural research in southeast South Dakota.
Southeast University Neighborhood includes apartments, townhouses and a Starbucks coffee shop.
Part of Jackrabbit Village, Spencer Hall is one of three new residence halls completed in August 2010.
Stanley J. Marshall Center houses offices for most of the Athletic Department as well as Frost Arena, the 6,500-seat home of the SDSU Jackrabbits. Also within the Center is an indoor track for athletic teams and a swimming pool.
The Starbucks location in the Southeast Neighborhood is a 2,500-square-foot coffee shop.
Built in 2016, the Education and Research Facility will provide resources to elevate undergraduate animal science, pre-veterinary science and ag engineering curriculums. They also will provide expanded opportunities for undergraduate and graduate research projects.