Skip to main content

Building Information

Advanced Search
  • Hyde Hall

    Hyde Hall

    Hallie Walker Hyde (1886-1961) was the first woman chosen as leader of the student body. She served with an all-male cabinet at a time when two-thirds of the students were men. Notably, she was elected to the position more than 11 years before women were granted the right to vote in the United States.

     
  • Jackrabbit Softball Field

    Jackrabbit Softball Field

    Located just north of the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex, the Jackrabbits played their first game in Jackrabbit Softball Stadium on April 20, 2007.

     
  • Jerome J. Lohr Building

    Jerome J. Lohr Building (SDSU Foundation)

    Located on the northwest corner of Medary Avenue and Eighth Street, the three-level brick building is the headquarters of the SDSU Foundation.

     
  • Larson Commons

    Larson Commons

    The Larson Commons dining facility serves Young and Binnewies residence halls.

     
  • Lincoln Hall

    Lincoln Hall

    Originally built in 1927, Lincoln Hall is currently being renovated and will become the home for the School of American and Global Studies and the administrative offices of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.

     
  • Local Food and Ed

    Local Foods Education Center

    The South Dakota State University Local Foods Education Center is a novel approach to addressing food security in South Dakota. The 1.2 acre outdoor classroom is located on Medary Avenue on the northern edge of the SDSU campus.

     
  • Front of Mathews Hall

    Mathews Hall

    The co-ed residence hall is one of the smaller halls on campus. It was built in the Grove area in 1961. Located next door to the University Student Union, Mathews Hall is home to over 380 students on campus.

     
  • McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center

    McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center

    McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center was built in 2012.

     
  • Meadows North Apartments

    Meadows North Apartments

    Located on Eleventh Street at the northwest corner of campus, there are four single bedrooms within each of the 80 apartments, which can be rented on nine- or twelve-month contracts.

     
  • Meadows South Apartments

    Meadows South Apartments

    Located on Eleventh Street at the northwest corner of campus, there are four single bedrooms within each of the 80 apartments, which can be rented on nine- or twelve-month contracts.