On September 10, 1927, President Calvin Coolidge dedicated this outdoor theatre and the Lincoln Memorial Library. Located just off Medary Avenue, the green space has several structures and wrought iron gates.
Coughlin Campanile, the face of South Dakota State University, is a chimes tower that stands 165 feet tall. The Campanile built in 1929 at a cost of $75,000. It took 320,000 bricks to build. The campanile rings out the time, on the hour and plays music during the 10-minute period in-between classes as students are walking on campus.
The facility was completed in 2016, and is used by the Department of Animal Science and the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences.
Built in 1957, the building is named after Harold M. Crothers, thrice acting president of then South Dakota State College (1946-1947, 1951, and 1957-1958) and former Dean of Engineering. The cost of the structure was approximately $850,000.
Taste some of SDSU’s finest dairy products at the Dairy Bar.
The facility produces all of the milk that is processed at the SDSU Dairy Plant.
The Dakota Lakes Research Farm focuses on both irrigated and dryland crop research. The farm is managed as a no-till farm. 240 of the 840 acres are devoted to irrigation.
Daktronics Engineering Hall houses two departments, electrical engineering and computer science and physics.
Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium, the home for Jackrabbits Football, is located on the northeast side of campus. Completed in August 2016, it is built on the same site as the previous stadium, Coughlin-Alumni. The Dana J. Dykhouse stadium has a capacity of 19,340 (up from 11,000).
The dairy building is the result of a $9.3–million construction and remodeling project. As with the original building, the new facility houses dairy husbandry and bacteriology departments as well as a dairy products laboratory and the Dairy Bar snack shop. The Davis Dairy Plant and the Alfred Dairy Science Hall were dedicated October 21, 2011.