Looking to get involved?
The Department of Biology and Microbiology seeks to do more than simply train future employees for the job market; we seek to foster future leaders. Part of this goal is achieved by encouraging participation in student groups and clubs where individuals can build skills related to teamwork, networking, effective communication, and group management. Additionally, student groups often offer a component of community involvement aimed at leveraging those group skills for community improvement.
Science-related clubs and organizations:
- Academy of Student Pharmacists
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences (SDSU Student chapter)
- Biology Microbiology Graduate Student Association
- Botanical Society of America
- Colleges Against Cancer, American Cancer Society
- National Science Teachers Association
- Pre-Professional Science Club
- SDSU American Medical Student Association
- Sierra Club
- Sigma Xi
- South Dakota Academy of Science
- Student National Education Association