Toward 7Gen Food and Agriculture: Immersive Learning Experiences And Rural Networking (7Gen FnA iLEARN)
Immersive Learning Experiences And Rural Networking (I-LEARN) is an immersive professional development workshop created for K-12 science/agriculture educators on Rosebud Reservation. The 7GenFnA-iLEARN project will provide immersive learning experiences to
- K-5 teachers to develop and implement culturally relevant teaching modules on regenerative agriculture.
- 6-12 educators to blend indigenous science standards and next generation science standards to develop and implement placed-based agriculture science teaching modules.
- indigenous educators to implement FANH/STEM career fairs that connect indigenous students with local indigenous FANH professionals and business owners, and indigenous students currently in post-graduate STEM/FANH programs
- school administration and tribal leadership on the supporting role of regenerative agriculture for economic development and indigenous nation building.
Registration to attend 2022 summer workshop is open. Please click here to register for the workshop!
- Rosebud Economic Development Corporation (REDCO)
- Sicangu Community Development Corporation (SCDC)
- South Dakota State University (SDSTATE)