Continue Your Jackrabbit Story
As Jackrabbit alumni, your story at South Dakota State is not finished once you leave campus. There are many chapters left to be written and many ways to stay involved. That is why we encourage you to stay connected to the stories happening now and keep up-to-date about the growth within the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, including:
- A newly renovated Performing Arts Center, now the home of the School of Performing Arts.
- The recent addition of the Ness School of Management and Economics, named after Jackrabbit alumni, Larry and Diane Ness
- The creation of COJO, the School of Communication and Journalism. COJO now offers a M.A. in Communication and Media Studies.
- A new online M.A. program in English, beginning Fall 2019.
- SDSU's Theatre Program being selected to host the Theatre Technology Conference.
- Landscape Architecture receiving a nationally competitive CLASS grant to study water quality and green design practices in the historic neighborhoods of Brookings.
- The newly formed School of American and Global Studies receiving two Wokini Challenge grants to revitalize Lakota language studies.
- A number of new undergraduate minors, including Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies, designed to make our students more competitive in the labor market upon graduation.
These are just a few of the changes taking place in the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences. We are excited to keep evolving as the college and university continue to grow.