The AISC provides culturally appropriate retention advising and programming to increase the recruitment and retention of American Indian students.
Collaborating with our campus and tribal communities to support initiatives that benefit Native students learning and development, encourages responsible research and promotes student resiliency.
The AISC supports South Dakota State University’s vision of creating an inclusive and diverse university climate and culture, as expressed through the goals of the “IMAGINE 2023” strategic plan:
- People-centered: by assisting in the development of critically conscious American Indian and Alaska Native leadership.
- Creativity: by (re)introducing Native teachings into academic, social and cultural programs and curricula.
- Integrity: by administering our daily operations and future-oriented planning through the making of an empowering university context for American Indian and Alaska Native students.
- Diversity: by bridging tribal worldviews, communities, educational institutions and governments with our work.
- Excellence: by continual program evaluation and assessment of our programs and services.