All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need to reapply for each year you are attending school. It is highly recommended that you apply, even if you think you are ineligible. Please review the following guidelines and contact the SDSU Financial Aid office at 605-688-4695 directly for questions.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as FAFSA, is available to complete online.
- SDSU school code is 003471.
- Financial Aid consists of FREE grants, student loans and work-study. FAFSA results are used to determine a student’s eligibility for grants, loans, and work-study positions.
- One out of every three students who submit the FAFSA is selected for verification. If selected, you will receive notification requesting you to provide additional tax documentation, along with the Verification Form. It is imperative that you return the documentation to the Financial Aid office immediately to speed up the award process. Failure to do so will result in the delay of your financial aid being processed.
- Contact your Tribal Higher Education Grant program for the application and deadline. In order for SDSU’s financial aid office to complete the Financial Needs Analysis you will need to have submitted your FAFSA.
- There is no official deadline for submitting the FAFSA, but it is strongly recommended that you apply as soon as you have the required documentation available.