Camp 1: June 7-9
Camp 2: June 11-13
The SDSU Youth Livestock Judging Camp instruction will cover live evaluation of the primary livestock species (cattle, sheep/goats and swine), as well as preparation and critique of oral reasons. The camp will be led by Tommy Norman and members of the nationally competitive SDSU Livestock Judging team, which produced the Reserve National Champion Team in 2021 and the National Champion Livestock Judging Contestant in 2020. Camp attendees from 2021 went on to win at 5 state contests! Many teaching methods apply to this experience including lecture, demonstration, hands-on experience, one-on-one coaching and critiquing, along with question and answer sessions. Each participant will prepare and present several sets of oral reasons.
Why come to camp?
- 1 on 1 Reasons Coaching from SDSU’s Nationally Competitive Team
- Instruction from SDSU’s Coach, Tommy Norman
- Judge multiple LIVE classes of multiple species
- Experience SDSU’s State of the Art Livestock Units
- Gain an onsite experience of SDSU Campus and Residence Hall Life
Age requirement to attend this year's camp: Must be 11 to 18 years old by 01 January 2023
The camp fee is $250.00 per person if paid by May 20
- ($50.00 late fee after May 20).
Camp registration will be opening soon. Follow the SDSU Livestock Judging Team Facebook page for updates.