Proposal Information for FY2022
In FY2022, the South Dakota Water Resources Institute (SD WRI) USGS 104b small grant research program funded research totaling approximately $50,000. Four pre-proposals were submitted in FY2022. All pre-proposals were reviewed by five reviewers, representing:
- The South Dakota DENR
- South Dakota NRCS
- South Dakota Corn Council
- East Dakota Water Development District
Three proposals selected for funding under the FY2022 SDSU WRI 104b research grant program:
- Improving Crop Resilience to Climate Variability through Refinement of Crop Water Use in the Skunk Creek Watershed. Lead PI: Dr. R. Behnke, South Dakota State University.
- Nanobubble technology for dairy processing effluent management. Lead PI: Dr. M. Mohan, South Dakota State University.
- Transformation of Nitrate to Ammonia by Biochar Supported Ru Catalysts and Recovery of Ammonia as N-Fertilizer on Biochar. Lead PI: Dr. T. Ye, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.