Friday, March 29, 2019
Get an in-depth view of South Dakota State's School of Communication and Journalism (COJO) along side our faculty and current students.
COJO Preview Schedule
8:45-9:15 a.m. – Check-in at Jackrabbit Preview in the Student Union
9:15-9:30 a.m. – Welcome
9:30-11:00 a.m. – Parent and Student general sessions
11:15-11:30 a.m. – School of Communication and Journalism overview with Dr. Lyle Olson
11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – COJO student panel. Ask current SDSU students questions about their experiences in classes and on campus. Students with backgrounds in print, broadcast, advertising, public relations and social media will be on the panel.
12:00 p.m. – Lunch with current COJO students.
12:45-3:00 p.m. – Rotate between the following options:
- Help the editors at the student newspaper, The Collegian, plan stories for the next issue and go on the air at the campus radio station KSDJ.
- Visit Yeager Media Center and sit in the anchor chair to learn how to do television news at our campus TV station.
- Put your social media skills to the test to create an advertisement for a chance to win prizes.
- Learn about podcasting and see the tools we have to help you launch a podcast as an SDSU student.
- Hear about our award-winning Forensics team and learn how you can get involved with debate, public speaking and oral interpretation at the collegiate level.
- Tour Yeager Hall to see where you would be taking classes and meet faculty.
3:00-4:00 p.m. – Campus and Residence Hall tours