South Dakota State University Award for Global Engagement Criteria and Guidelines
SDSU values global engagement. The purpose of this award is to celebrate and recognize faculty contributions of significant depth and breadth in the area of global engagement.
Up to two awards of $1500 may be given and should be used to support the faculty member’s international activities.
Eligibility: Nominees must be current, full-time faculty members of any rank (professorial and lecturer tracks) who have been instrumental in promoting internationalization at SDSU. Nominators must be current faculty or staff members of SDSU.
Award Categories: Awards are available in the following two categories. Supporting documentation may focus on ONLY one of the following two areas to emphasize the nominee’s commitment to global engagement:
- International Education/Student Engagement – This award recognizes outstanding faculty efforts to enrich students’ experience through global engagement activities. Activities which fall into this category may include any of the following:
- Conceiving, developing, and successfully executing study abroad programs for undergraduate or graduate students. May include traditional or new courses taught abroad for SDSU students, as well as other types of courses, including practica, internships, and service-learning experiences.
- Curriculum internationalization: designing, creating, and teaching new academic courses with substantial international content, or successfully revising existing courses to incorporate new international content.
- Advising student organizations which are focused on international activities
- Providing outstanding support to international students
- International Research: Designing and executing research projects internationally and/or establishing partnerships with colleagues at institutions of higher education in other countries. Research activities should be well-established and recognized outside of SDSU.
- Nomination Form
- Included in this packet.
- Nomination Letter
- Nominators should write a brief letter (not more than 2 pages) and summary of the nominee’s sustained efforts to promote one of the two categories of internationalization at SDSU (detailed below).
- Curriculum Vitae of Nominee
- Nominators must procure a current CV from the nominee, not to exceed five pages. The CV should be tailored to focus on education, employment, and other activities as they pertain to the nominee’s international work.
- Support Letters
- Nominations should be accompanied by at least two, but no more than four, letters of support from the nominee’s faculty peers, students, or others familiar with the candidate’s work on internationalization in the award category chosen. Letters of support from within or outside of SDSU are acceptable.
Number of Copies: Please submit only one copy of the nomination packet. Please submit materials electronically when possible.
Deadline for Submission: December 1. Award announcements will be made during the Celebration of Faculty Excellence event.
Submit To: Office of Academic Affairs, email@example.com
Need More Information?
Contact Greg Wymer
Interim Assistant Vice President for International Affairs South Dakota State University
Briggs Library 119, Box 2115
Brookings, SD 57007
Phone: (605) 688-4482
Fax: (605) 688-6540