The goal of the academic advising guide sheets and sample plans of study is to promote undergraduate student success by guiding all students to timely completion of an undergraduate degree. Students are not limited to the course sequence provided for their academic program. Instead, the sample plan of study is one possible path to completing your degree and is meant to be used as a guide for planning purposes in consultation with an academic advisor. The plans also help students prepare for meetings with their academic advisor and track their progress in their selected academic program.
Students are encouraged to:
- Be familiar with required courses for their academic program and how they fit into the overall plan.
- Update their plans at the end of each semester.
- Review updated plans prior to advising appointments to identify which courses they need to take.
- Bring updated plans (hard copy or electronic) to all advising appointments.
- Refer to advising guide sheets as they explore majors and careers.
Your journey may not be the same as everybody else’s, and your academic advising guide sheet is one tool you can use to build your personal roadmap to success!
Agricultural Education, Communication and Leadership Major
Animal Science Major
Art Education Major
Consumer Affairs Major
Early Childhood Education Major
Economics Major - Business Specialization
General Agriculture Major (Associate of)
General Agriculture Major (Bachelor of)
General Studies (Associate of Arts)
General Studies (Bachelor of)
Geographic Information Sciences Major
Graphic Design Major
Health Education Major
History - Teaching Specialization
- Broadcast Journalism
- Secondary Education Specialization
- Computational Science
- Financial Engineering
- Graduate School Preparation
Operations Management Major
Sport, Recreation and Park Management Major
Studio Arts Major