- Ph.D.—University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Biological Systems Engineering, 2000
- M.S.—South Dakota State University
- Agricultural Engineering, 1975
- B.S.—South Dakota State University
- Agricultural Engineering, 1973
- AST 423 Rural Structures
- Guest Speaker for Swine and Dairy Classes
- Livestock Production Systems
- Livestock Production Systems Planning
- Agricultural Structures
- Ventilation Systems Design
- Manure Storage Systems
- Farmstead Planning
Innovative Page Programming
Awards and Honors
- 1998 American Society of Agricultural Engineers Blue Ribbon
- Award for Midwest Plan's Swine Nursery Facilities Handbook
- 1997 South Dakota Honorary Master Pork Producer
- 1994 Dedicated and Distinguishes Service Award to the swine industry of South Dakota, South Dakota Pork Producers Council
- 1994 Distinguished Achievement in Extension, SDSU Agricultural Engineering Department
- 1993 Extension Specialist Association Distinguished Service Award
- 1991 Gamma Sigma Delta Extension Award
- Chair of the Midwest Plan Service Executive Committee
- Co-authoring revised Pork Industry Handbook Fact Sheet Space Requirements for Swine
- Trained Land O' Lakes Farmland employees covering the principals of ventilation and genetic potential of growing and finishing swine. Fall 2001
- Environmental Effects on Growing Swine Performance, SDSU Swine Research Report 2001
- Thermal Environmental Effects and Group Size on Growing Swine immune Status, SDSU Swine Research Report 2001
- Scan-AirTM: The air quality evaluation kit, International Winter Meeting of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI.
- Scan-AirTM Handbook: "The users guide to hands-on air management", Rural Technologies, Brookings, SD
- Electronic environmental monitoring equipment for swine production facilities, National Pork Producers Council, Des Moines, IA. Unpublished Report.
- Swine Nursery Facility Handbook, 1st Edition, Midwest Plan Service, Iowa State University. Ames, IA.
- Remodeling ideas for farrowing facilities, Pork Industry Handbook. Purdue University. West Lafayette, IN.
- Troubleshooting swine ventilation systems. Pork Industry Handbook. Purdue University. West Lafayette, IN.
- Environmental effects on growing swine performance and immune status with comparisons between predicted and actual growth. Unpublished dissertation. University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Lincoln, NE.
- Thermal environmental effects and group size on growing swine performance. American Association of Swine Practitioners Annual Meeting. St. Louis, MO.
- Scan-AirTM, The hands-on air management kit. Proceeding of the 27th Annual Meeting of the Association of Swine Practitioners. Des Moines, IA. pp 63-64.
- Reversing hairpin gutters: what's the problem? Pork 94.
- Remodel your breeding facility for productivity. Pork 94.
- The perils of pit ventilation. Pork 94.
- Remodeling an MOF: is it worth it? Pork 94.
- Your swine operation: is it time for a checkup? Pork 95.
- Converting from farrowing house to nursery. Pork 95.
- Troubleshooting your ventilation woes. Pork 95.
- Facility tips to improve sow productivity. Pork 95.
- Key Building design considerations for new and remodeled swine buildings. Proceedings: Making Swine Buildings a Safer Place to Work. National Pork Producers Council. Des Moines, IA. pp 118-134.