Office of Technology Transfer & Commercialization
Creating the foundation for economic development
By facilitating partnerships in universities and industry, the Office of Technology Transfer & Commercialization at South Dakota State University drives science and technology-based economic development.
The OTTC strives to build a foundation for creation of new jobs, formation of new technology-based business, and a diversified economic base to create a globally competitive economy in South Dakota.
OTTC functions include:
- assisting in forming collaboration between universities and industry partners
- evaluating commercial potential of intellectual properties
- protecting intellectual properties
- commercializing intellectual properties with industry partners
- providing equitable financial benefit to inventors and SDSU
The Office of Technology Transfer & Commercialization can provide templates for, negotiate and get approved signatures for any documents needed for sharing intellectual property, research collaborations, or sponsored research, sponsored service, and facility use agreements.