Post Master's to DNP
- Master's Degree prepared NPs, CRNAs, CNSs, and CNMs
- Master's Degree prepared non-NPs, CRNAs, CNSs, and CNMs pursuing the DNP in Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization
- Open to Registered Nurses with a Master's Degree in nursing with CNP, CRNA, CNS, or CNM focus from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program OR Registered Nurses with a Master's Degree in Nursing (non-clinical focus) from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited program.
- Admission to the Sioux Falls program occurs only during Fall of odd years
- Minimum of 31 Course Credits
- Executive delivery model in Sioux Falls including online components
- Designed for part-time study (including summers)
- Current RN licensure
- Current National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner (CNP, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), or Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM).*
* Those applicants that hold a Master's Degree in Nursing (non-clinical focus) are not required to have current certification as listed since those applicants will not be eligible for certification until the program has been completed.
- Master's Degree in nursing with CRNA, CNS, or CNM focus from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program
- 3.3 GPA in Master's coursework
- Completed applications for both SDSU Graduate School (online submission) and College of Nursing Admission Application. The South Dakota State University Graduate Nursing Program will be utilizing Nursing CAS (Central Application Service) for the 2015 Admission Cycle. The target date for implementation is mid-January 2015. More information on the application process will be posted on this webpage as the process evolves.
- Submit written response to questions regarding educational goals, scholarly practice interests, and desired practice career
- Interview with graduate faculty
- Approved statistical methods courses within the last five years
- For applicants with English as a second language, one of the following tests for English proficiency must be completed within 2 years preceding the requested semester of admission:
- TOEFL of 600 paper-based, 250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based score
- IELTS score of 7.0 total band