*Specific departments or programs may have earlier deadlines. You can view program specific deadlines in the Graduate Catalog.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing a graduate degree at South Dakota State University!
The Graduate School oversees and facilitates applications to the South Dakota State University graduate programs. Some of our academic programs have different deadlines and require additional documents, so please review the important program specific admission requirements in the Graduate Catalog.
Processing of an application will begin only when the online application form, application fee, and all other required documentation is received by the SDSU Graduate School. If an applicant fails to complete the application file by the deadline for the term proposed to begin graduate work, a new date of entry may need to be specified.
We invite you to explore our admission requirements, please select your application type:
Please be aware that some programs have additional requirements or higher minimum requirements, consult the Graduate Catalog for program specific requirements. The Graduate School requires:
2. Pay the Application Fee - The $35.00 fee can be paid through the online application system at the time of application submission or by sending a check or money order to the Graduate School:SDSU Graduate School Morrill Hall 130 Box 2201 Brookings, SD 57007
3. Submit Your Official Transcripts - Request official transcripts from:
To be considered official, each transcript must come directly to SDSU from the institution; student issued transcripts are not considered official.
If you attended a South Dakota regental institution, the Graduate School will access all transcripts for you. You do not need to take any action.
4. Submit Proof of immunity - Medically signed proof of two properly administered measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) immunizations OR immune titers for measles, mumps, and rubella is required. For additional information contact Student Health Services.
Examples may include:
If you are not interested in seeking a degree at this time but would like to take graduate level courses, you may apply as a non-degree seeking student.
1. Submit the Online Application
2. Pay the Application Fee - The $35 application fee can be paid online through the online application system or by sending a check or money order to the Graduate School.SDSU Graduate School Morrill Hall 130 Box 2201 Brookings, SD 57007
3. Submit Official Transcripts - The Graduate School will use all previously submitted transcripts on file for you. Please submit official transcripts for any graduate coursework completed since your last enrollment
*If the coursework was completed at a South Dakota Board of Regents Institution, we have access to your transcript and you do not need to take any action.
4. Verify that SDSU Has Your Proof of Immunity - Contact Student Health Services to verify your immunizations are on file.
5. Submit Additional Documents Required by Your Program of Interest - Programs may ask for additional documents above what the Graduate School requires. The Graduate School can send previously submitted documents in your file to your program. Contact your Graduate Coordinator to verify the need for these documents or if they would like new documents. Examples may include: