The Expo hosts a Physics Bowl for high school teams, as well.
Some of these competitions (Bridge Builder, Hill Climber, Photovoltaic Cannon, Rocket Car, and The Scrambler) require preparation prior to the event, making them excellent class projects.
Doing so will
- Keep the Expo running smoothly
- Avoid delays in the schedule
- Ensure your students have sufficient time to complete their competition
- Enable your students and staff to monitor your school's status throughout the competition
- Give you one less thing to worry about on the busy day of competition
- Each school will be allowed to submit, at most, 2 teams per event.
- The team that performs the best will be entered for the school's total points.
- The school that has the best total will be deemed 1st place; the team with the second best total is deemed 2nd place, and so on.
- Individual awards are given.
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd will be given to the ranking schools.
- If a school does not participate in one or more events, the score given will be a forfeit score.
- The forfeit score will be the placement of last place; it will be dependent on the number of teams participating plus 1.
- Schools are allowed to have more than 2 teams as long as only 2 are submitted per event for the given school. (3 or more teams can participate but only 2 teams will count for the school total.)
- Judge's decisions are final.
- Ties will be broken by most first place finishes in the individual events.