Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA)
The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (IDEA) is a partnership of 20 public university members providing access to the best educational opportunities by collaboratively developing and delivering high-quality, online academic programs. Great Plains IDEA is an academic alliance that offers fully-online graduate and undergraduate coursework and program options in high demand professional fields.
Since the first gathering of its founders in 1994, the Great Plains IDEA has evolved into a premier distance education alliance that sponsors inter-institutional distance education programs and South Dakota State University is proud to be a founding partner of this innovated education alliance.
South Dakota State University has recently joined AG*IDEA, an affiliate of the Great Plains IDEA. AG*IDEA is a national consortium of land grant universities offering programs and courses in agriculture disciplines.
South Dakota State University offers the following distance education opportunities through Great Plains IDEA and AG*IDEA:
GP IDEA Programs:
- Community Development (M.S.)
- Dietetics (M.S.)
- Human Sciences - Family and Consumer Sciences Education (M.S.)
- Human Sciences - Family and Community Services (M.S.)
- Human Sciences - Family Financial Planning (M.S.) or Graduate Certificate
- Human Sciences - Financial and Housing Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Human Sciences - Merchandising (M.S.) or Graduate Certificate
- Agriculture and Environmental Law Undergraduate Certificate
- Bioenergy and Sustainable Technology Graduate Certificate
- Grassland Management Graduate Certificate
- Swine Science Undergraduate Certificate
These programs offer quality education at a distance. The programs are designed to prepare students to use and further develop their knowledge base, skills and experiences in solving problems, verbal and written communication, 21st century technologies, leadership development and work in interdisciplinary and diverse teams.
The faculty are committed to offering quality instruction and to preparing students to excel in their professional lives.