Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering
Engineers make up about 9–10% of the annual graduates nationwide. Engineers receive 40–50% of the offers of employment each year.
Information from the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Engineers are in high demand:
- They are more likely to obtain employment in their fields than most other graduates.
- As employers seek to increase efficiency and output of goods and services, engineering graduates will continue to be in high demand for their high-tech solutions to problems.
- At the same time, demand for engineers will increase, while the supply of engineering graduates continues to decline.
Engineers are problem solvers:
- They apply the theories and principles of science and mathematics to the practical solution of problems.
- They design everything from computers and industrial machinery to cars and security systems, in addition to bridges, buildings and ships.
Engineering is for you if:
- You enjoy knowing how things work.
- You are comfortable with math and sciences.
- You like the idea of inventing creative new solutions to real problems.